Saturday 12 February 2011

Bahrain Top Model Feb issue 2011


Bahrain Top Model
Season 3 Episode 2
Theme for this months magazine is Recycling.

Searching for a location that symbolizes recyling, we decided on the Scrap yard down in Riffa. 
it has some great locations for photography. Since this was a competition, I wanted the girls to use the same set and try and get there best shots. 
Originally I had this idea that I would merge three of their best images together to give a few poses on each page.  do this I had to lock the tripod down and light the bus up enough to have equal lighting through out.  You can see more of this in the you tube Video that I have attached. 

I put one light outside the bus with a long Chimera softbox running along the windows, this didn't work very well as the windows were painted red and created some red highlights and tones on the skin. So I then opted for a beauty dish with a window open, so I could keep the skin tones correct. 
 I had another light running near the back of the bus with a profoto 600 R reflector on it, I wanted this light to separate the model from the background.

The props used in the shoot, were from the junk yard, we snooped around through treasures and found all sorts of interesting things.
I think this was a great addition to the shoot. 

Little bit of dusting and we were ready to get to work.


Here are the girls final images for Fact Magazine published in February issue 2011.

































Attached is a you tube Video that I put together, it shows a bit of the back scenes of the day.
















Equipment used for this shoot. 













No comments:

Post a Comment