Thursday 10 March 2011

Fahionaires Gothica Photo 3 before and after

Here we are on our 3rd image for Gothicka fashionaires. 



BEFORE AND AFTER

This time I will post the before and after and see if you notice many changes in the two images.




Ok, where to start with this image when I open it up in photoshop the first thing I did was clean up the dirty sensor spots, One of the most frustrating things for me, I must get my camera cleaned twice a month, as I hate those little dirty brown spots. 
2). The palm tree, Radio antennae
3). The airconditioning unit up front to the right
4) Models skin and eyes, lipstick
5) flag pole
6) the concrete up front, just removed the distractions.




1) Used the clone tool to clean up the sensor spots
2) used the quick selector tool to select the palm tree and antennae and picked a clone spot that matched the colors an slowly filled it in. Some of the gate edges weren't as clean when I finished so I picked up the history brush and went over the gate to bring back the original data. A great tool .
3) The air conditioning unit was a little trickier, first I quick selected the area, then made a new layer picked up the concrete beside it and cloned it into place. I wanted to keep the texture but the color tones were too light. So I then went back to the original layer and picked up the brush tool at a soft 100 put the brush on darken, picked up a darker tone and painted the area so it would blend and still have the texture. Then went to the second layer and lowered the opacity.
4) Skin eyes and lipstick, the skin I cleaned with the clone brush, then used Mama Shans plug in (snow white buff) and lowered the opacity to 30 %. Highlighted the eyes with the dodge tool.
made a new layer, brush tool ~ set to darken picked up the black in the lipstick and painted the lips to fill them in. Then lowered the opacity on the layer till it was natural looking. 
5)Flag pole. Love the new clone tool is CS 5. It is great for Cloning these type of objects.
I picked up the area just and the tip of the building moved up a bit and cloned in an upward stroke to lengthen the flag pole. I liked the shape of the gate leading you into the image. I felt with the flagpole at the highest peak, it brings the viewers eyes around comfortable. Setting on the models face. 
6) The concrete up front and the tin work under the models arm needed a bit of cleaning with the clone tool. 
And a sharpen layer. When I sharpen I prefer not to sharpen the whole image. When its a portrait. 
Usually I make a new layer, then go to sharpen ~ Unsharp  mask  adjust till you get it the way you like it. Click on mask then mac CNTL i to reverse the mask, so now you don't see any sharpening effect at all then, and your mask layer will be black, with white on the top layer paint the areas you want sharpened. In this image, I wanted the hair, gate, concrete, and the tower in the back sharp, but not the models skin. 

When you look at these two images side by side it is very hard to notice the difference in the two photos, but the final image is so much better with the slight adjustments as the first. 



EQUIPMENT USED

No comments:

Post a Comment