Tuesday 8 March 2011

FASHIONAIRES GOTHIC photo 2 BEFORE AND AFTER

"My challange for this image was to ghost my model to really give a gothic, ghostly image. It took a few tries and 4 seconds with the shutter open was enough to move the model into the two positions and manually flash at each spot."


Original image


4 seconds the shutter was open for to capture this image
my aperture was at f20, I needed to get out as much light as I could.
While the shutter was open, Ross my lighting assistant flashed the nikon sb-800  manually, once then the model moved then flashed it again! This is all done on one frame in Camera.
It can be a little tricky but with a digital camera you can keep working on it till you get it right. 
On the original image there wasn't much I didn't like about it, as the concept for Gothica worked.
Cleaned up the model skin a little bit.  
I can see the exit sign in the back ground and a push here on the door.  
So those I burned out. 
I then cleaned up a few shiny spots on the wood that I found distracting.
cropped it, then I went into filter~ lens correction~ custom~vertical correction~ +21 to correct for the slant in the window frames. 
These windows are lit by the natural sunlight that was drenching the room with way to much ambient light.  Hence the reason for such a high f stop. I really needed the 4 seconds to move the model into the two positions to get this ghost type effect. 
other ways of darkening the room would have been to use a filer 2 or 4. ND. 
This would have given me the same time value with less aperture.... But whatever, it worked. 



Finished image

Thanks to Hannah Kent Model
Ross Martin for being the flasher
Payal  and Erin from Fashionaires Middle East for organizing the day,
Camelot for allowing us to use there location.
Layers for all the accessories.
                                                        Side by side   very subtle differences

And the Eiffel tower, not sure who provided that, but it is a purse, only two in the world supposedly, and guess who has the other one?

No comments:

Post a Comment